PREP: 30 minutes COOK: 16 minutes OVEN: 300°F MAKES 6 to 8 servings
• 1⁄2 recipe Vegetable Risotto
• 1⁄2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
• 1 cup all-purpose flour
• 2 eggs, lightly beaten
• 1 cup fine dry bread crumbs
• 6 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 recipe Horseradish Sour Cream
• Snipped fresh Italian (flat- leaf) parsley
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large bowl stir together the Vegetable Risotto, the grated Parmesan cheese, and the 2 tablespoons parsley. Form the risotto mixture into twelve to fourteen 3⁄4 -inch-thick patties.
2. Place flour, eggs, and bread crumbs in 3 separate shallow dishes. Coat each patty with flour, tapping off excess. Coat in the egg, letting excess drip off, then dip in the bread crumbs to coat. Transfer to a sheet of waxed paper. Repeat with remaining patties.
3. In a very large skillet heat 3 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat. Add 6 to 7 of the risotto patties in a single layer, frying on 1 side about 4 minutes or until golden brown. Turn carefully; fry about 4 minutes more or until second side is golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining patties. Keep risotto cakes warm in a oven.
4. Serve with Horseradish Sour Cream. Sprinkle with additional snipped Italian parsley.
PER SERVING: 562 cal., 28 g total fat (8 g sat. fat), 96 mg chol., 915 mg sodium, 64 g carb., 4 g fiber, 14 g pro.
Horseradish Sour Cream
In a small bowl stir together one 8-ounce carton sour cream, 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, and 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard. Cover and chill until ready to use. Makes about 1 cup.