START TO FINISH: 20 minutes MAKES 4 servings
• 1 16-ounce can no-salt-added organic black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1⁄2 cup canned fat-free refried beans
• 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
• 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
• 4 tostada shells
• 1 cup shredded lettuce
• 3⁄4 cup diced tomato (1 large)
• 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
• 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
• 2 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
1. In a medium bowl use a fork or potato masher to coarsely mash together drained black beans, refried beans, cumin, and chili powder. Spread mixture over tostada shells. Sprinkle with lettuce, tomato, and cheese. Top with sour cream and sprinkle with cilantro.
PER SERVING: 218 cal., 9 g total fat (2 g sat. fat), 5 mg chol., 253 mg sodium, 22 g carb., 9 g fiber, 14 g pro.
make it vegan
Substitute soy cheese for the cheddar cheese and tofu sour cream for the dairy sour cream.