PREP: 15 minutes BAKE: 8 minutes OVEN: 350°F MAKES 4 servings
• 4 tostada shells
• 1 16-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
• 1⁄2 cup salsa*
• 1⁄2 teaspoon salt-free Southwest chipotle seasoning blend
• 1⁄2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (2 ounces)
• 11⁄2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
• 1 cup chopped tomato (1 large)
• 1⁄4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (1 ounce) (optional)
• Lime wedges (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place tostada shells on a baking sheet. Bake for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium bowl combine drained beans, salsa, and seasoning blend. Use a potato masher or fork to coarsely mash the mixture. Divide bean mixture among the tostada shells, spreading evenly. Top with the 1⁄2 cup cheese.
3. Bake about 5 minutes or until cheese melts. Top tostadas with shredded lettuce and chopped tomato. If desired, sprinkle with the additional 1⁄4 cup cheese and serve with lime wedges.
PER SERVING: 230 cal., 6 g total fat (3 g sat. fat), 10 mg chol., 660 mg sodium, 33 g carb., 8 g fiber, 12 g pro.
Look for a purchased salsa with 100 mg or less sodium per serving.
make it vegan
Substitute cheddar-flavor soy cheese for the cheddar cheese.