PREP: 35 minutes BAKE: 30 minutes STAND: 10 minutes OVEN: 350°F MAKES 6 servings
- 2 cups chopped onions (2 large)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups sliced fresh mushrooms (8 ounces)
- 11⁄2 pounds zucchini and/or yellow summer squash, thinly sliced (6 cups)
- 1 pound Swiss chard, stemmed and coarsely shredded (8 cups)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup light or fat-free milk
- 1⁄2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese (2 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 Preheat oven to 350°F. In an extra-large skillet cook onion in hot oil over medium heat about 5 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 to 60 seconds or until tender. Add mushrooms; cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until mushrooms are light brown and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally.
2 In a covered large saucepan cook zucchini and Swiss chard in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water for 3 to 5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain well. Stir zucchini mixture into mushroom mixture. Transfer to an ungreased 2-quart baking dish or au gratin dish; set aside.
3 In a medium bowl combine eggs, ricotta cheese, milk, Parmesan cheese, dill, salt, and pepper. Spoon mixture over zucchini mixture, spreading evenly.
4 Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 35 minutes or until set and light brown on top (center should jiggle slightly when gently shaken). Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
PER SERVING: 225 cal., 11 g total fat (5 g sat. fat), 92 mg chol., 590 mg sodium, 19 g carb., 4 g fiber, 16 g pro.