One frying pan is all you need to make these spice-laced alternatives to eggs Benedict.
YIELD: SERVES 4
1 sweet potato, peeled and shredded
5 large eggs, divided
¼ tsp. ground coriander, divided
¼ tsp. ground cumin, divided
5 Tbs. vegetable oil, divided
1 cup crushed tomatoes with roasted onion and garlic
2 Tbs. lime juice
1 cup arugula
- Combine sweet potato, 1 egg, ⅛ tsp. coriander, and ⅛ tsp. cumin in bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Heat 3 Tbs. oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Scoop ⅓ cup sweet potato mixture into pan for each of 4 pancakes. Flatten gently with spatula; cook 5 minutes per side. Set aside; keep warm.
- Wipe out pan, and add 1 Tbs. oil and remaining ⅛ tsp. coriander and ⅛ tsp. cumin. Stir 10 seconds over medium-high heat, add crushed tomatoes, and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 5 minutes. Transfer to small bowl, and stir in lime juice.
- Wipe out pan, add remaining 1 Tbs. oil, and fry remaining 4 eggs sunny side up or over easy. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- To serve: Place 1 sweet potato pancake on each of 4 plates, top with 1 egg, ¼ cup sauce, and ¼ cup arugula.
30 MINUTES OR LESS
Protein: 10 g
Total Fat: 24 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Carbohydrates: 11 g
Cholesterol: 233 mg
Sodium: 111 mg
Sugar: 5 g