This fun dish falls somewhere between an omelet and an open-faced sandwich.
YIELD: SERVES 4
1 cup plus 2 Tbs. plain nonfat yogurt, divided
4 Tbs. chopped fresh mint, divided
2½ tsp. white balsamic vinegar
8 long whole-grain baguette slices
4 ¼-inch-thick round slices peeled yam
1 pinch salt
2 Tbs. butter, divided
2 green onions, chopped (¼ cup)
2 oz. packed chopped mustard greens (2 cups)
6 large eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk together 1 cup yogurt, 3 Tbs. mint, and vinegar in small bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired; set aside.
- Coat bread slices on both sides with cooking spray, season with salt and pepper (if desired), and arrange on baking sheet. Bake 8 minutes, or until crisp. Cool.
- Meanwhile, stack yam slices, and cut crosswise into ½-inch-wide sticks. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and add yam, ¾ cup water, and salt. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cover, and cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until yam is tender. Transfer yam to small bowl using slotted spoon; boil off any remaining water.
- Melt 1½ tsp. butter in same skillet over medium heat. Add green onions and remaining 1 Tbs. mint, and sauté 1 minute. Mix in mustard greens, and sauté 2 minutes, or until greens are tender. Add to bowl with yams.
- Whisk together eggs and remaining 2 Tbs. yogurt in medium bowl; season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Melt remaining 1½ Tbs. butter in same skillet over medium heat. Pour butter into egg mixture, and whisk to combine. Spread vegetables evenly on bottom of skillet, and pour egg mixture over top. Cook undisturbed 30 to 40 seconds. As sections of top edge become opaque and begin to set, push each set section toward center using heat-proof spatula. Continue to push eggs from edge toward center 2 minutes, or until eggs are mostly set but still very moist. Remove from heat. Stir, and let sit a few seconds.
- Spoon 1 cup egg mixture over each toast, pressing lightly to adhere. Drizzle ¼ cup yogurt sauce over each serving.
Protein: 29 g
Total Fat: 15 g
Saturated Fat: 6 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Cholesterol: 296 mg
Sodium: 548 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 8 g