With a lightly crunchy, granola-like layer on top and a doughy, coconut-saturated center, this baked oatmeal is hearty and comforting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
YIELD: SERVES 8
1 large egg
2 cups light coconut milk, whisked, if necessary
2 Tbs. honey, plus more for serving
¼ tsp. kosher salt
⅛ tsp. ground cinnamon
3 cups rolled oats
¼ cup plus 2 Tbs. brown sugar
1 heaping cup fresh blueberries, plus more for sprinkling
5 Tbs. sliced almonds, plus more for sprinkling
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat 8-inch-square glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Beat egg until lightly frothy in medium bowl. Whisk in coconut milk, honey, salt, and cinnamon.
- Toss oats with brown sugar in large bowl. Pour coconut mixture over oat mixture, and toss to coat. Stir in blueberries and almonds.
- Spread oatmeal mixture in prepared baking dish, and sprinkle with rest of blueberries and almonds. Bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until lightly golden on top and cooked throughout.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, and drizzle lightly with honey.
Protein: 7 g
Total Fat: 9 g
Saturated Fat: 4 g
Carbohydrates: 40 g
Cholesterol: 23 mg
Sodium: 77 mg
Fiber: 4 g
Sugar: 19 g