I especially like this tart because it is not too rich, and the fruitiness of the filling is very pronounced. Any ripe pears will do, but I find that Boscs are particularly sweet and juicy.
1 recipe Almond Nut Crust
7 ripe but slightly firm pears, peeled, cored, and vertically sliced
2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
Вј cup honey
в…“ cup apricot preserves
1 teaspoon water
- To prebake the crust: Preheat the oven to 400В°F. Cover the crust with aluminum foil and press it into the sides. Line the crust with dried beans to weight it down and prevent shrinkage. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and remove the foil and beans. (Save the beans for future use.) Reset the oven to 350В°F.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl toss the pear slices with the flour. Add the honey and toss again very well. Turn the pear filling into the crust and smooth over the top.
- When the oven is at 350В°F bake the tart for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile heat the preserves and water together until the mixture begins to boil. Pour into a strainer and press through into a small bowl.
- Spread the glaze over the tart and return it to the oven to bake 10 more minutes. Cool thoroughly on a wire rack before serving.