The combined flavors of the perfectly ripe avocado and thin slices of toasted French bread in this garlicky vinaigrette are incomparable. Black pebbly skinned Hass avocados are the best variety because they are the creamiest.
ВЅ cup Classic Vinaigrette
2 cloves garlic, minced
6 slices French bread (about Вј inch thick)
2 ripe medium avocados (preferably Hass, or black pebbled-skin variety)
- In a small bowl mix the vinaigrette with the minced garlic and set aside.
- Toast the French bread slices until golden on both sides. Cut each slice into 1-inch strips, then into bite-size pieces.
- Slice the avocado in half vertically and remove the pit. Insert the handle of a teaspoon between the skin and flesh of each avocado half and move it around the avocado until the flesh is released from the skin. Discard the skin.
- Arrange 4 small serving plates in front of you. Allow half an avocado for each person. Slice each half into 6 slices and arrange them on the serving plate with equally divided pieces of toasted French bread.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette equally over the 4 portions and let sit for 5 minutes before serving.